Our rate of undelivered parcels to final recipients is very low, thanks to reliable transport processes and continuous parcel tracking.
Where is my parcel
If the recipient has not received the expected parcel, GLS recommends following the procedure below:
1. Check your inbox for unread messages
Check your SMS and e-mail inbox (including the spam folder), to see if there has been a message about the current status of the parcel, possibly stating the reason for non-delivery or a link to the online DeliveryManager application.
2. Find out the parcel number
If the recipient has not yet received this number from the sender or GLS via SMS or e-mail, he must request it from the sender. GLS is unable to provide any information without the parcel number.
3. Find out the state of the parcel online
4. Contact the GLS customer department
The rate of damaged parcels at GLS is consistently low thanks to the use of modern handling and safety technologies. Nevertheless, this cannot be completely ruled out in the process of industrial parcel processing.
Externally damaged parcel
- The consignee may accept the consignment subject to reservation. The courier is obliged to write a damage record on the spot, a copy of which will also be received by the recipient. Damaged outer / transport packaging is not a reason for complaint. In the event of damaged contents of the parcel, the consignee must immediately contact the sender of the shipment, who will resolve the complaint with GLS.
- The consignee may reject the shipment altogether. GLS returns the parcel to the sender, who then agrees with the recipient on the next steps in fulfilling the order.
Externally undamaged parcel, but damaged contents
- The consignee must immediately contact the sender, or the customer of the transport with GLS, who will file a complaint with GLS.