Flexible delivery: GLS informs recipients early about the delivery of parcels and offers a variety of delivery options to choose from.
As soon as the ordered goods are ready to be shipped, recipients receive an e-mail or a text message containing information about the upcoming delivery of GLS parcels. The message includes all important parcel data, the number of the customer service and a direct link to the GLS Delivery Manager. The online tool allows recipients to choose from a variety of delivery options. For example, they can select a new date for the delivery, enter a different address or redirect the parcel to a GLS ParcelShop.
In the morning of the delivery day, GLS sends a second e-mail or text message to the recipient containing a three-hour delivery time frame. The message also includes the number of the delivery driver and the customer service. At this time the GLS Delivery Manager cannot be used anymore.
If the first delivery attempt is not successful, GLS automatically sends a third e-mail or text message to the recipient. It is now possible again to choose from the delivery options for the second delivery attempt via the GLS Delivery Manager.
Usually GLS attempts to deliver a parcel twice. But if the sender has booked the FlexDeliveryService, GLS will deliver a third time if necessary. In this case GLS will once again inform the recipient via e-mail or text message about the upcoming delivery.
Receiving parcels becomes flexible, making the shipment of goods to private households less complicated. The number of enquiries and complaints to the sender decreases, customers satisfaction on the other hand increases.
Advantage for senders
- Optimised B2C shipment
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Less effort in customer service
Advantage for recipients
- Information about delivery
- Estimated delivery time frame is announced
- Delivery options easily selectable Flexible parcel reception without registration – simple and fast online
- Three delivery attempts
The delivery options:
- Delivery to the same address on a specific date
- Delivery to a new address
- Delivery after working hours between 17.00 and 20.00 (only in GLS depot cities is available)
- Delivery to a GLS ParcelShop
- Delivery to a GLS ParcelLocker
- Collection at a GLS depot
- Refusal of acceptance
- National parcel shipment
- Cross-border parcel shipment from Hungary to Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and Spain.