General Terms and Conditions of General Logistics Systems Croatia d.o.o. za usluge
pertaining to parcel forwarding and management
General Business Conditions General Logistics Systems Croatia d.o.o.
1. Basic Information
General Logistics Systems Croatia d.o.o. is part of the GLS Group, a multinational postal service provider, owned by International Distribution Services, with affiliates across Europe, and is proud of its strong national as well as international network, as well as advanced technology that allows us to provide reliable, competitive and high-quality parcel delivery service, combined with leading express and logistics solutions.
GLS offers a „door-to-door“ based service and manages communication and organizational tools that enable Parcel tracking. GLS' services consist of mediated services executed by our expert and trained sub-contractors who used advanced GLS technology which ensures fast, reliable, and safe delivery.
Company: General Logistics Systems Croatia d.o.o.
Headquarters: Stupničke Šipkovine 22, Donji Stupnik
Competent register: Court registry of the Commercial Court in Zagreb
Registration number (MBS): 080852963
In order to facilitate the use of this General Terms and Conditions, please consider the following definitions:
|GLS||General Logistics Systems Croatia d.o.o., with headquarters in Donji Stupnik, Stupničke Šipkovine 22|
|User||A legal or natural person using postal services, such as the Ordering Party, the Sender or the Recipient of the parcel|
|Client||A legal or private person who orders and pay a postal service in the name of the Sender|
|Sender||A legal or natural person who sends the parcel and who is the holder of all rights and obligations until the proper delivery of the Parcel|
|Recipient||A legal or natural person to whom the parcel is addressed and to which the parcel should be delivered based on the Sender's order|
|ParcelShop||A business unit in which GLS's partner mediates GLS services in the form of receiving and delivering the parcel.|
|ParcelLocker||GLS electronic device/locker for receiving / handing over the Parcels|
|Parcel||Every postal item which is handed over to the GLS system and that has a parcel label|
|Cash on delivery||The amount of money which is, based on the Sender's order, is collected from the Recipient, forwarded to GLS and paid into the Sender's bank|
|Deliverer||An employee of GLS's subcontractor for Parcel delivery services, who performs the physical collection or delivery of the Parcel|
|paket.hr||GLS website that enables online ordering and payment of the parcel sending services|
|GLS web site||www.gls-croatia.com|
|IOD||Electronic or oral information about the delivery of the Parcel or on its current status|
|POD||Excerpt – a copy of the signed Rollkarte – a transport file listed by numbers of parcels, on which the Recipient confirms by signature the receipt of the parcel|
|Working day||Every day in the week except Saturday and Sunday and national holidays. In the event of any deviations, GLS will notify its Users by posting on their website|
|Shipping tips||GLS book which is anytime available on GLS website and which includes detailed instructions on packaging and Parcel protection|
|ZPU||Postal Services Act, with all changes and amendments, that are published in the Official Gazette, upon there entry into force|
|Delivery zone II||Areas where delivery is executed through other postal services providers|
|User guide||Guide with detailed description of GLS services, forms, questionnaires, instructions etc., anytime available on GLS website|
3. The beginning of the cooperation; application of the General Terms
GLS provides domestic and international other postal services for legal entities and individuals. It is possible for business users (legal entities, craftsmen, etc.) to conclude a cooperation agreement for an indefinite period of time. The condition of validity (which applies also to services rendered through ParcelShop, ParcelLockers and paket.hr) in any case is that the Sender has the appropriate number of labels for Parcels issued by GLS when handing over the parcel, or to prepare labels for parcel and sending information that correspond to GLS system, and to use them every time the parcel is handed over.
In addition to cooperation based on the contract, there are options to use GLS services through paket.hr or ParcelSHOP network or ParcelLocker, about which you can find out more in Article 9 of the General Terms and Conditions, or in other applicable parts of the General Terms and Conditions. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, then the rules that generally apply to GLS services apply accordingly to services provided through paket.hr or ParcelSHOP or ParcelLocker.
Where applicable, these General Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to be prior notice in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act.
GLS provides its services exclusively based on the applicable General Terms and Conditions. These General Terms and Conditions apply to all services provided by GLS, and deviations from the rules contained in these General Terms and Conditions are possible only if expressly and clearly agreed in writing, all within the limits and restrictions set by the Postal Services Act and other applicable laws and regulations. international legal sources.
GLS shall notify the Sender in written form or electronically about changes in commercial conditions, changes in the General Terms and Conditions and new services and their prices no later than 15 days before the start of their application. By using the services after the applying of the new conditions, it is considered that the Sender has accepted the changed conditions.
GLS reserves the right, in certain issues, to conclude a contract that deviates from these General Terms and Conditions, however, such an agreement may not be contrary to applicable legal regulations, and shall be valid only in writing.
These General Terms and Conditions do not apply to the import transport of parcels, in which case the Sender has entered into a contract with a GLS partner in accordance with the general conditions of GLS's foreign partner. In the case of export parcels, these General Terms and Conditions apply only to that part of the transit of parcels that takes place under the jurisdiction of GLS as a Croatian legal entity, and delivery and transit of export parcels through foreign destinations are subject to shipping and delivery at final or transit destinations.
4. Delivery areas
Islands in the Republic of Croatia. GLS covers a whole range of destinations, a list of which, together with the delivery schedule, is available on the GLS website at any time.
Delivery zone II - islands outside the delivery area in domestic distribution (not covered by the delivery schedule). Parcels are delivered by GLS through a contractual partner; therefore, it is possible that other postal services providers collect additional fees for rendered services (details can be found on GLS web site). These parcels are not subject to GLS Croatia mass and dimension limits, additional services, or time-guaranteed services. The fee for manipulating these parcels is charged per parcel. The list of places outside the delivery area, together with the exact restrictions in delivery, is available at any time on the GLS website. For information, restrictions related to parcels outside the delivery area may relate to:
- maximum weight: 10 kg
- maximum length: 1.5m
- maximum circular volume: 3m
- transit time: 48-168h
- activation of additional services (except Cash on delivery) for these parcels is not possible.
5. Services - general
GLS hires independent subcontractors for transport, whose activity is fully controlled and guarantees the quality of services. GLS primarily executes the instructions of the Sender and provides the services of transporting the Parcel while covering the costs by the Sender.
The Service is considered to be activated by taking over the Parcel from the Sender, ie by handing over the Parcel to the GLS system.
The SMS notification service in domestic and international transport is deemed rendered after the text message has been successfully sent by GLS Croatia, i.e. the contractual service provider, notwithstanding the possible lack of delivery to the recipient due to malfunctions and/or irregularities in the network of the mobile service provider, i.e. the equipment (mobile phone etc.) of the Recipient.
In case of discrepancies in the instructions given to GLS by the Sender i.e. the Client and the Recipient, the instructions given by the Sender i.e. the Client shall prevail.
6. Services in domestic traffic
In accordance with the Sender's order, GLS takes over the parcel at the place determined by the Sender, as well as the delivery of the parcel, all in such a way that from collection to delivery the parcels under the supervision of GLS at all times. The exception is the so-called customs parcel, in which case the Sender authorizes GLS to perform the customs clearance service by the GLS contractual partner, and parcels delivered by the GLS partner for deliveries in Delivery zone II.
As a general rule, Parcels submitted to GLS shall be sent to delivery within Croatian during the next Business say (the phrase “24 hours” does not indicate delivery time but only marks the following Business day). The Sender can, for area listed by GLS, order ExpressParcel service, which includes delivery until 12 PM on the next Business day.
After the first unsuccessful delivery attempt, a second delivery attempt is part of basic service. Should the reason for the first unsuccessful attempt be incorrect address or other circumstances that can be corrected by the Sender, GLS shall ask the Sender to make said correction. Should the reason for the first unsuccessful attempt be the Recipient declining the Parcel, or should the correction procedure fail, the Parcel shall be returned to the Sender. If the Recipient declines the Parcel, it shall be returned to the Sender without a second delivery attempt. If the Parcel cannot be delivered, GLS shall store it for a maximum of 5 Business days (with the exception of an announced leave by the Recipient, in which case the storing can last up to 10 Business days), and after the expiry of which – without further notification – the Parcel shall be returned to the Sender. In case of declining of receiving, or should the Sender fail to give instructions during correction procedure, GLS shall not attempt a second delivery, but shall return the Parcel to the Sender.
Should the Sender – without prior notification - submit Parcels to GLS which can be delivered only with one or more additional services (delivery confirmation), GLS is entitled to render such services and collect such additional fees without a prior agreement.
In case of changing the address, GLS takes over the specification of the address, and delivery of the parcel to the specified address: in such a case, GLS acts according to the instructions of the contacted User - Sender or Recipient, who give instructions on the new delivery address. Based on the instructions received from the Sender or Recipient, the parcel will be delivered to the new address or to the original address, but at a different delivery time. If the notice of failed delivery cannot be placed in the home suitcase, GLS will leave the notice in a visible place at the address.
Parcels for which delivery is not possible or unsuccessful even after a repeated attempt to deliver, shall be stored in a local depo for the Recipient to collect them personally. Agreeing on a repeated delivery attempt is not possible, and should the Recipient fail to collect the Parcel in the local depot after 5 Business days after the first delivery attempt, they shall be returned to the Sender. If it is not possible to return the Parcel to the Sender or if the Sender refuses to take over the returned Parcel, GLS will store it for a year, keep records of it, and then decide on further action, which includes, among other things, the sale or destruction of the parcel.
In domestic traffic we provide the following basic services:
Fast and efficient door-to-door delivery of the parcel with informative information on the required transport time of the Parcel. In the mainland of Croatia, in each city and settlement, parcels are delivered on the next working day from the day of collection, within working hours (between 8 am and 5 pm). Transit times for islands can be checked at the GLS Croatia customer service or on the GLS Croatia website. The second delivery attempt is free of charge.
Urgent delivery of the parcel, with the deadline for delivery on the next working day from pickup date, no later than 12 o'clock. Only on certain locations. A list of locations is available on the GLS website. The service does not apply to users of the www.paket.hr portal and to parcels for which a parcel label has been created in ParcelSHOP.
- BusinessSmallParcel and ExpressSmallParcel
Separate handling in case of small parcels under 2 kilos: separate sorting, transport in special GLS bags or boxes, easy identification of small parcels using GLS templates. BusinessSmallParcel includes informative information about the required time of parcel transport. The ExpressSmallParcel service does not apply to users of the www.paket.hr portal and to parcel for which a parcel label has been created in ParcelSHOP.
The fee for sending the parcel also includes the Flexible Delivery service if the parcel label was created through GLS website www.paket.hr. For parcels in international transport, the recipient will only receive an email notification.
In the domestic transport, in addition to our basic services, it is possible to order additional services at an additional cost. Please note that certain additional services cannot be combined depending on the delivery methods or other desired services, which is why we ask you to take into consideration the notes listed with additional services below.
In domestic traffic we provide the following basic services:
- Guaranteed24Service: *
With this service, GLS guarantees delivery attempt of the parcel on the next Business Day (except on the islands, information on delivery to the islands is available in the GLS Croatia customer service), from the day of collection - with a money back guarantee!
Note: it is not considered a delayed delivery if the delivery was not made on time due to force majeure, or because at the time of delivery of the parcel, the Recipient or another authorized person was not available at the specified address (which includes cases of inability of physical access to the delivery site) i.e. if the Parcel contained wrong address.
-Pick&ReturnService: * ** ****
Based on the order of the Client, GLS takes over the parcel at the indicated place and delivers it to the Recipient in Croatia.
-Pick&ShipService: * ** ****
Based on the order of the Client, GLS collects the parcel at the indicated place and delivers it at the assigned address in Croatia.
-ExchangeService * **
During delivery of Parcel, GLS takes over from the Recipient another Parcel which is returned to the Sender (e.g. for purposes of return of goods).
-AddreseeOnlyService * **
By ordering this service, the Sender has the possibility to determine the person who collects the parcel. Delivery of the parcel is made only with the Recipient’s presentation of official personal document with the photo, issued by competent authorities. The identification number of the document is entered on the delivery list.
A solution for those situations in which the parcel is accompanied by special supporting documents that need to be verified with the Recipient and returned to the Sender, with one parcel accompanied by one document to be signed. For the correct execution of the service, it is necessary that the accompanying document has a document number, which should be uniquely associated with the parcel number, through addressing and registration of the service in the GLS application. A prerequisite for the correct execution of the service is that the shipment has one registered identifier (number) of the document and that the document is available in a protective case located on the outer side of the Parcel. The service can be ordered through the provided form, GLS application / user interface. The provisions on compensation from Article 19 do not apply to this service. If in the scope of the mentioned service the task cannot be performed for any reason, GLS does not assume material responsibility for the absence of execution and possible consequential damage. GLS is liable only for the attempt of execution of these services, having in mind that the due and complete execution of this service depends on action of the Sender and/or the Recipient, both of which cannot be influenced by GLS.
GLS assumes responsibility for compensation of damages according to the declared value - with compensation, according to an individual order, for each parcel separately. In the case of parcels in domestic traffic, the fee may be a maximum of 1.659,04 euro (in words: one thousand six hundred fifty-nine euros and four cents)/HRK 12,500.00 (in words: twelve thousand five hundred) kuna. The service can be ordered through the form, GLS application / user interface..
-SMSService * ** ***
The Sender notifies the Recipients via SMS on the day of the parcel collection that the parcel will be delivered on the next Business Day. The text message is composed by the Sender and may contain the identification number of the parcel and the amount of the cash on delivery. At the end of the SMS message, the telephone number of the GLS customer service is automatically entered. Message length cannot be longer than 130 characters. The message does not guarantee that the Parcel will be handed over to GLS.
-PreAdviceService * ** ***
Prior notice - On the day of delivery, GLS Croatia informs the Recipient via SMS in the morning hours about the expected delivery time. The text message contains the parcel identification number and the expected delivery time within a time interval of 3 hours, as well as the telephone number of the GLS customer service.
After ordering the Parcel, we inform the Recipient via SMS and / or e-mail about the fact that the Sender has prepared a parcel label. This messag includes a link to the delivery manager where the Recipient can manage further delivery steps. We send the second message by e-mail or SMS in the morning on the day of delivery, informing on 3-hour time interval for the expected delivery time and the Deliverer’s phone number. In case of failed delivery attempt, the Recipient receives an electronic notification and can immediately manage the further destination of the parcel via the Internet. By using the Delivery Manager there are five options for flexible delivery:
- Delivery on a new date
- Delivery to another address
- Giving consent to leave the parcel at the agreed place without the signature of the Recipient (does not apply to Cash parcels)
- Personal collection of the parcel in the nearest GLS regional warehouse (depot), ParcelLocker or ParcelSHOP
- Refusal to taking over the parcel.
-ContactService * **
Mandatory call to the Recipient 1 hour before delivery and notification of the expected delivery time. The call is for information only and does not provide an opportunity for an alternative delivery time. The service can be ordered via the GLS application / user interface in combination with BusinessParcel or BusinessSmallParcel services.
By ordering this service, GLS picks up the parcel in the city of Zagreb out of the regular working hours, more precisely between 5 pm and 8 pm. This service can be ordered for pre-arranged period and for the amount of parcel not smaller than 10 Parcels a day. The price of this service is determined by individual agreement.
-LabelPrintService for user of the paket.hr:
Label printing service – based on a paid order, GLS for Clients who do not have the option of printing a label, prints a parcel label with which it picks up the parcel at the Sender's address, and delivers it to the default address in Croatia. The service can be ordered exclusively through the website www.paket.hr
The integration of the ParceltShop locator with the existing customer ordering system gives the Recipient the freedom to choose the delivery of the Parcel to the selected ParcelShop. The Recipient can pick up the Parcel within 5 Working Days at the selected location and time that suits him the best. The next Business Day after the download of the Parcel, GLS delivers the Parcel to the ParcelShop marked by the Recipient, where the Recipient can pick it up at the most convenient time.
* The service does not apply to users of the www.paket.hr portal and to parcels for which a parcel label has been created in ParcelShop.
** The service can only be ordered via the GLS application / user interface.
*** The service of sending notifications via SMS is considered performed after successfully sending an SMS notification, despite possible non-delivery to the Recipient due to possible failures and / or irregularities in the networks of mobile service providers or terminal equipment (mobile phone, etc.) of the Recipient.
**** In case of cancelation of given order, GLS undertakes to take all necessary steps in order to do so, however it does not guarantee this will take place. The Client is obliged to immediately inform the Sender on order cancelation and instruct the Sender not to submit the Parcel.
7. Services in international traffic
Along with services in domestic traffic, GLS offers following postal services:
- export transport of parcels to EU member states, as well as some countries outside the European Union in cooperation with GLS General Logistics Systems. A list of all countries is available on the GLS Croatia website
- delivery of import Parcels to Croatia from the above-mentioned routes sent by members of GLS General Logistics Systems, including customs clearance of parcels according to the instructions of the Recipient and delivery.
In the event of the change of the address, GLS takes over the specification of the address, and takes over the delivery of the Parcel to the specified address in accordance with the instructions of the Sender or Recipient. The service also includes a free second attempt after a failed delivery. However, please note that in some countries the Parcel is stored in the nearest GLS ParcelPoint (ParcelLocker, ParcelShop) after the first failed delivery attempt, all According to the Recipient’s place of residence (according to the given address), from where the Recipient shall personally execute the takeover. Details on delivery options i.e. available services in each country are listed on the GLS’ website. If the Recipient does not pick up the Parcel within the period indicated on the notification on the arrival of the parcel, then the Parcel is returned to the Sender without retrying delivery.
List of international postal services
-EuroBusinessParcel i EuroBusinessSmallParcel
Reliable, rapid and efficient road-based door-to-door parcel forwarding with advantageous transit times in more than 40 European countries, between 1 and 7 Business days, depending on destination. Estimated transition times are for information purposes only and can be found on GLS’ website.
In addition to basic services, in international transport we offer the following additional services for the domestic sender at an additional cost:
List of countries in international traffic for this service is available on GLS’ website.
After ordering the transportation of the parcel, we inform the recipient in domestic distribution via e-mail on estimated delivery time. The second e-mail message will be sent after the Parcel is delivered on destination and contains time and day of delivery. All e-mail notifications include a link to website where the Recipient can change the place of delivery.
GLS assumes responsibility for compensation of damages according to the declared value - with compensation, according to an individual order, for each parcel separately. In international transport a maximum of HRK 5,000.00 (in words: five thousand. The service can be ordered through the form, GLS application / user interface.
For international transport outside the EU and inside the custom zones, GLS accepts the forwarding of Export parcels exclusively with DAP or DDP parity. In the case of export parcels outside the EU, the Sender is obliged to enter into an agreement with the Recipient regarding the coverage of costs, and accordingly issue an order to GLS.
GLS executes special customs orders exclusively according to the previous agreement!
Dealing with import Parcels
General rules relating to import Parcels taken over by GLS from a foreign partner (delivered abroad and to be delivered to a domestic destination):
- the costs of transport of import Parcels are in any case paid by the Client,
- The sender is in a contractual relation with GLS's international partner, or with GLS Croatia,
- when collecting import parcels, GLS does not check whether the rules regarding the addressing of the Parcel have been followed, but tries to make the delivery based on the data contained in the Parcel. In the event of a failed delivery, GLS's shall check the data with the Recipient. In case of unsuccessful delivery because of any other reason than wrong address, or in case of unsuccessful checking with the Recipient, GLS’ international partner shall be immediately informed in writing. All further steps are performed based on instructions from the international partner, and in the absence of the same, after the 10th working day from the failed delivery of the Parcel, GLS will return the Parcel to the Sender,
- in case they know the identification number of the Parcel, the Recipient may change the delivery address,
- The Recipient may initiate a claim which is processed in accordance with the contractual terms of the Sender and GLS's foreign partner within 30 days of the request, provided that the duration of the examination may be extended once for thirty days with simultaneous reporting to the complainant,
- Special customs rules relating to the customs clearance of Parcels coming from abroad, which cannot be influenced by the GLS, should be considered. GLS will inform the Recipient about the Parcels to be cleared through customs, who will comment in writing on the manner of customs clearance and on the acceptance of customs clearance costs.
Export Parcels handling
When providing the export transport service of the Parcel, the delivery of the Parcel is performed by foreign contractual partners of GLS Group in such a way that from collection to delivery of the Parcel, they remain under the supervision of GLS Group member company, meaning that the parcel and information about it can be sought after at all times (within statutes of limitation).
In the case of export orders, GLS starts from the fact that the accuracy of the parities communicated to it is guaranteed by the Sender. Therefore, if, according to parity, foreign customs duties, taxes, fees and costs or expenses are to be paid by a foreign recipient, or if such costs occur due to a foreign recipient, the domestic sender must reimburse GLS for those costs not paid by the foreign recipient. Furthermore, the Sender (Client) is liable for all costs incurred due to invalid or incorrectly selected customs parity.
Please note that in the case of export Parcels, the delivery time (which means duty-free delivery from collection to the customs warehouse-depot of the target country) varies from country to country. Time needed for customs varies depending on local provisions and GLS has no influence on it and therefore does not assume any liability. The provisions, restrictions and prohibitions, which in the target countries refer to the content and addressing of export Parcels, may be different and may affect the longer delivery time than previously mentioned. More information on deadlines and restrictions or prohibitions can be found on the GLS website, but it is the sole responsibility of the Sender to inform the GLS about the mentioned restrictions before handing over the Parcel (both on the GLS website and through other relevant sources). and match the content and addressing with them. Although GLS will, to the best of its knowledge, inform the Sender of any such restrictions, the responsibility for the above lies solely with the Sender.
Data on transit times in the GLS documentation and on the GLS website are given informativfelly and are not binding.
- DeclaredValueInsuranceService *
GLS assumes responsibility for the compensation of damage according to the declared value - with compensation, according to the individual order, for each Package separately. In the case of Packages in international traffic, the fee can amount to a maximum of 663.61 euros (sixty-six euros and sixty-one cent)/ 5,000.00 (in letters: five thousand) kuna. The service can be ordered via a form, GLS application/user interface.
8. Cash on Delivery
Any cash handling service offered to the Cash Parcel Sender is offered provided that GLS acts only as an intermediary for the Sender's cash collection and that GLS has no authority to bind the Sender or enter into a contract with the Cash Package Recipient on behalf of the Sender. The sender is obliged to comply with the provisions of applicable laws and regulations on the suppression and prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing.
As a part of CashService, we offer several services:
Calculation and remittance of cash on delivery is made no later than the third working day after the successful delivery of the Parcel (unless a payment has been agreed with the Client for GLS services from the collected Cash on Delivery), to the bank account. It is noted that GLS calculates additional handling costs (e.g. remittance costs) of third parties with a special invoice, if any. A surcharge for the service is also charged in case the Parcel delivery fails.
-CashService (Cash on delivery) ParcelShop / paket.hr:
Calculation and remittance of cash on delivery is done at least twice a week, to the Sender's account specified when filling out the carrier on the portal (www.paket.hr) or on a special form when handing over the package in PaketShop. If you order the service via www.paket.hr, the system will warn you before completing the order if the IBAN account is not supported (eg AirCash, etc.). The surcharge for the Borrower's service also includes the costs of remittance to the Sender. A surcharge for the service is calculated even if the delivery of the package fails. If you hand over the package to the Parcel Shop branch, the service is available only in domestic transport, and if you order the service through the portal, the service is available in domestic transport and in the countries published on the website www.paket.hr .
By ordering this service, the Client gives the Recipient the opportunity to pay by cash on delivery with a bank card, all at once (payment in rates is not possible). This service can only be ordered together with the Cash on delivery service and is only available for domestic Parcels. Payment is made using mobile terminals located at the Deliverer. Payment can be made by credit or debit card, and the following cards are accepted: MasterCard, Maestro, Visa, Union Pay International
-CashService for the delivery zone II
GLS performs the service of taking over and payment of the amount of the Cash for Parcels delivered by GLS's contractual partner in the delivery zone II.
-CashService for the international delivery
Calculation and remittance of Cash is made at least twice a week, to the bank account of the company. The surcharge for the Cash service also includes the cost of remittances within a given country. Surcharge for the service is calculated in case the delivery of the Parcel fails. The service can also be ordered for Hungary, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Romania and Slovenia. In case of export, the Client must have a HUF current account kept in Hungary, a EUR-current account kept in Slovakia, a CZK current account in the Czech Republic, a RON current account in Romania and a EUR account in Slovenia. In the case of export consignments, it is possible to order the service only through an installed GLS Application or GLS Online software.
The maximum possible amount of Cash on Delivery for one Parcel is 1,659.04 euros (in letters: one thousand six hundred and fifty-nine euros and four cents)/12,500.00 (in letters: twelve thousand five hundred) kuna
Cash Service is performed in the case of a correct, written or electronically issued, and back confirmed by GLS, or in GLS interface properly registered and within the deadline sent order by the Sender. GLS assumes full responsibility for the collected Cash Receipts (along with the receipt, or the delivery receipt taken over upon delivery). However, the failure to collect Cash will not create a debt of GLS to the Sender, because in accordance with the original legal relationship, the amount is still owed by the Recipient. Usual conditions of compensation for damage from Art. 19 do not cover the amount of uncollected Cash. After the delivery of the Parcel, we do not accept subsequent complaints regarding the Cash on Delivery. In case of failure to collect Cash, GLS is liable up to the amount of the surcharge for the Cash collection service itself, and in addition is obliged to cooperate for the purpose of subsequent collection of Cash. GLS is not responsible for cases when the payment of Cash is not made due to incomplete, incorrect or late order of the Client.
Delivery of the Parcel can be done only after the payment of Cash and after signing the handover certificate. Prior to the above, the Recipient cannot verify the contents of the Parcel. Payment of Cash on ParcelLocker is made via credit or debit card.
9. ParcelLocker, ParcelShop and paket.hr
Content of the service: collection of parcels in GLS ParcelLocker, ParcelShop or at the location of the Sender, transport and delivery of parcels to the Recipient. GLS will notify the Recipient by SMS or e-mail that the Parcel has been delivered to ParcelShop or ParcelLocker.
The addresses of ParcelLocker and ParcelShop locations as well as working hours can be found on the GLS website. The fee for these services is calculated according to the published and currently valid price lists on paket.hr or in ParcelShops and is paid in advance. The stated price includes VAT and is based on the dimension of the Parcel.
Parcel submitted to ParcelLocker or the ParcelShop must not exceed the dimensions of 50x50x50 cm. The transport fee is calculated according to 5 size categories - XS (up to 35 cm), S (up to 50 cm), M (up to 65 cm), L (up to 80 cm) and XL up to 2.5 m in circumference. Measures XS, S, M, L and XL are obtained because of the sum of the longest and shortest dimensions of the Parcel.
Parcels for which GLS has received instruction on redirection into ParcelShop (e.g. by using ShopDeliveryService or FlexDeliveryService), or which have ParcelShop as delivery destination or that were brought to the ParcelShop with a label made through the GLS system, shall be stored and delivered to Recipients in the ParcelShop.
The Sender may submit the Parcel without a pre-made label in the nearest ParcelShop, where the ParcelShop employee will hand over the Form for sending the parcel and the parcel label that the Sender is obliged to fill in, and where the ParcelShop employee will charge for the delivery of the Parcel in cash and issue a receipt in the amount of collected fee. As an exception to the rule, should the PaketShop is not a subject to issuing of fiscal invoices, the amount of collected fees needs to be entered on the delivery confirmation.
The ParcelShop employee is obliged to stick a label with the dimension mark on the collected parcel. The dimension of the Parcel forms the basis for calculating the price of transport.
To pick up the Parcel at the Parcelshop, the Recipient must present e-mail or SMS about the incoming Parcel, and if they do not have such notification, they need to present ID with a photo. When ordering the service, it is recommended to specify several persons authorized to collect the Parcel. Parcels sent with ShopDeliveryService will be delivered to the selected ParcelShop or ParcelLocker, not to the recipient's address. In case of sending more Parcels to the same Recipient, the Parcels will be charged separately.
The user of the service can unilaterally terminate the contract with a full refund of postage if he paid it, but did not submit the parcel to the GLS system.
The ParcelShop employee is entitled to decline taking a Parcel if it is not packaged according to the guidelines described under Article 10.
When submitting orders via paket.hr, it is necessary to follow the steps as presented on the same website paket.hr.
If the Parcel sent via paket.hr contains a label made according to the given incorrect dimensions of the Parcel, GLS may keep the Parcel, charge for additional manipulation of the Parcel, the difference in price or return the Parcel to the Sender without attempting delivery and without the right to a refund.
The sender can pay postage via paket.hr in 2 ways. If the Sender chooses the option of payment by credit or debit card, immediately after successful payment / authorization he receives the invoice to a pre-given e-mail address. If he chooses theoption to pay per offer, a payment offer will be sent to the e-mail address provided in advance. When GLS records the data on the received payment and confirms the payment through the system on its part, the Sender is sent an invoice to the same e-mail address. The parcel label will print GLS and the courier will bring the parcel label with him on the pickup address.
Parcels for which parcel labels have been made via paket.hr and for which the Sender chooses the option of collection by the Supplier, and the postage has been paid and the parcel label printed, will be automatically recorded in the system and will be taken over from Monday to Thursday the next Business day if the payment for the service is recorded on the GLS account by 12:00, and after 12:00 and on Fridays with a time delay of one Business day. It is the responsibility of the Sender to immediately after the submitting of order, to adequately package the Parcel. Should the Parcel not be adequately prepared, another pickup attempt will take place on the following Business day.
In case of delivery to the ParcelLocker, the Recipient receives, in addition to the Parcel number, the unique code required to open the Parcel. Delivery to ParcelLocker is possible only if there is an e-mail address or mobile phone number of the Recipient. Cash on delivery for parcels picked up at ParcelLocker can only be paid with a bank POS terminal at ParcelLocker. The doors of ParcelLocker open after payment of Cash on delivery. The Recipient is notified of the successful collection of the Parcel and the amount of the cash paid by e-mail. GLS will consider the parcel delivered and its service performed if the person authorized to collect the Parcel (person with a unique code) picks up the Parcel from the ParcelLocker.
Exceptionally, in case of delivery of an inadequately packaged Parcel or Parcel excluded from transport (see Article 12 of the General Terms and Conditions) and it is not possible to repack it, GLS will notify the Sender, who must pick up his Parcel from the ParcelLocker within 24 hours in accordance with instructions of the Customer Service. Otherwise, GLS has the right to dispose of such a Parcel further, including, but not limited to, its destruction or sale.
n case of delivery of the parcel via ParcelLocker or ParcelShop, the recipient or other authorized person must file a complaint immediately upon receipt of the Parcel (or subsequently - but not later than 3 working days from the date of receipt of the Parcel - with proof that the damage did not occur after delivery). email address firstname.lastname@example.org .
10. Adequate Parcel Packaging
Quality service is much more than delivering the Parcel to the right address in a short time. Our goal is for all Parcels to arrive in perfect condition, but achieving that goal depends not only on our efforts, but also on the actions of the Sender. In performing our service, we use sorting centers with conveyor belts, which means that the Parcels are exposed not only to manual, but also to machine handling. Careful and professional packaging of goods ensures that the delivered Parcel is suitable for the technology of working with Parcels in the sorting center and depots, loading, efficient forwarding on the roads, all so that the Parcel arrives at the Recipient's address without damage. Therefore, when packing the Parcels, it is necessary to take into account all the rules and restrictions set out not only in these General Terms and Conditions, but also in the Shipping Tips that are available at all times on the GLS website. In addition, in case of any doubts or ambiguities, our professional employees in the Customer Service are at your disposal and will advise you free of charge.
GLS shall handle parcels that carry a sign, inscription or label which indicates breakable or fragile content or instructs careful handling of the parcel (e.g. „Fragile“, „This side up“, „glass“, „don't turn“, glass sign indicating fragile content, arrow indicating parcel placement during transport etc.), with special care. The fee for the manipulation of such parcels shall be charged by parcel. However, keep in mind that the label does not in itself protect the contents of the Parcels – this is achieved by proper pakaging! Namely, the use of the „fragile“ label and similar markings does not release the Sender from the obligation to use packaging that is appropriate to the nature of the contents of the Parcel, which is why GLS does not take the responsibility for inadequately packaged Parcels, regardless of the markings on the Parcel.
In case that the goods in the Parcel are not adequately protected / packaged or are excluded from transport services according to the General Terms and Conditions or the provisions of the Postal Services Act or other applicable legal sources, GLS is not responsible for damage or reduction of content that occurs at any time the Parcel is in the possession of GLS. The Sender is obliged to pack the Parcel in such a way as to protect its content, other Parcels and the workers who handle the Parcel. The Sender is responsible for the inner and outer packaging and protection of the Parcel, as well as for compensation for damage caused to other Parcels, items and injuries caused by inadequate packaging, sending prohibited content or goods excluded from the General Terms. The Client shall bear the costs of packaging appropriate to the conditions of carriage.
GLS takes responsibility only for those Parcels of permitted content and that are properly packed (outside and inside) and that are properly addressed. Adequate packaging relates in any case to both inner and outer packaging. The fact that GLS had taken over a Parcel does not mean that the Sender has packaged the Parcel according to the provisions hereof and the provisions contained in the Shipping tips!
The following conditions must be met during packaging:
- Only fully closed Parcels can be handed over. Goods unprotected by the outer packaging cannot be handed over
- considering the sensitivity of the contents and the outer and inner packaging, the Client should ensure that the contents can maintain stability in free fall from a height of one meter, vibration, pressure and changes in the position of the Parcel
- Parcels stacked on a pallet cannot be delivered
- outer adequate packaging is a five-layer cardboard or identical material that retains the shape of the package
- Parcels from which long and / or sharp parts emanate are not suitable for transport. If the product is too large and / or too heavy to be transported by GLS and / or has an irregular shape, it is necessary to disassemble it into smaller parts that are packed according to the standards described in the General Conditions and the appropriate size of goods (in outer packaging of regular shape fillings)
- the bag as packaging (eg pet food) cannot maintain its shape, making it difficult to sort and subject to damage. Goods packed in a bag should also be packed in a cardboard box or by means of solid cardboard and foil shaped into solid and rectangular packaging in order for the consignment to meet the conditions for shipment. Gluing or joining multiple bags is not allowed • Only for soft, dry and unbreakable products such as textiles, acceptable packaging is the so-called courier bag, made of material at least 50 microns thick; all provided it was delivered without external damage
- Buckets, barrels, canisters and other similar packaging should be packed in solid and five-layer moisture-resistant packaging. Leakage of contents from such packaging should be prevented before handing over the Parcel to GLS, with adequately sealed plugs that will prevent leakage even when changing the position of the Parcel. If this is not possible (e.g. if used canisters), the item should be wrapped in foil or similar waterproof material
- Items with liquid contents should be in additional packaging inside the box, such as a sealed nylon bag or foil
- An envelope as an outer packaging is not suitable for sending bottles, jars and other sensitive materials, as well as vibration-sensitive materials, even if it has additional protection (in the form of bubbles or similar). It is necessary to use cardboard packaging for outer packaging. Items made of glass and other sensitive materials should be fixed and separated by fillings that will absorb the pressure created by stacking other Parcels. Fills should include individual items within the Parcel as well as the entire content of the Parcel. Bottles and other glass packaging should be packed in special packaging with styrofoam molds or cardboard molds with a minimum thickness of 6.2 mm (BC-wave) and the jars and bottles should be separated with a protective layer thick enough to prevent damage (e.g. five-layer cardboard or similar) and place a protective layer on top and bottom. The outer packaging of the package containing the contents of the bottle should be five-layered.
- Moisture-resistant five-layer cardboard (minimum thickness 6.2 mm) is the minimum adequate outer packaging for all sensitive items (electronic devices, appliances, glass, other sensitive materials, etc.)
- Products inside the outer packaging may only be delivered in bulk if the strength and other properties of the product are such that the items will not be damaged by collisions (eg screws). Otherwise, the products within the Parcel should be separated by fillings and fixed.
- The inside of the box must be used optimally. There must be no empty space inside the box, in which individual items can be damaged by collision or crushing. The empty space in the box should be filled with adequate fillings, and the entire contents on all sides should be lined with adequate filling, which separates it from the outer packaging.
- telecommunication devices and technical goods that are sent for repair or from repair, should be sent in the original complete packaging with appropriate internal filling. The original packaging should be packed in additional outer packaging with appropriate fillings, for the product to be adequately protected.
- goods of a special shape that are difficult to pack must be protected with additional packaging inside the stretch foil
- the cardboard box must be glued on each side with adhesive tape with the logo of the Sending Company, if possible,
- each box should have its own unique Parcel number. Therefore, the joined boxes (even if they are connected with clamping tapes, adhesive tape, rope, etc.) cannot be handed over, because the packaging can fall apart, in which case only the Parcel with the identification marks will arrive at the destination.
- Parcels delivered in the original sales packaging or in gift packaging, should be packed in additional packaging adapted to manual and industrial handling
- the address, label of the Parcel, the bag containing the invoice, i.e. labels that identify the use of additional services must be affixed to the largest free area of the Parcel,
- in case of sending several Parcel to one address, labels with special services must be affixed to each Parcel.
- Car tires and smaller tires can be transported without packaging. One unit / Parcel must not contain more than 2 tires. The tires must be secured (joined) in an adequate way, which ensures that they will remain connected throughout the transport and must not be handed over with rims. The parcel address book should be affixed to the auxiliary material instead of on the tire itself, as it falls off, which can lead to loss of shipment or misdirection. It is recommended to wrap the tires with foil (for example LDPE foil) and stick an address book on it. It is not allowed to hand over tires larger than car tires.
- GLS does not handle Parcels that require a temperature regime and therefore the packaging must ensure the integrity of the contents at temperatures between -25 ° C and + 65 ° C
In the case of Cash on Delivery, the amount to be collected must be stated in full and equally on the cash on delivery list or via data sent electronically, and on the Parcel on the label. In the case of several Parcel, the Cash on Delivery label must be affixed to each individual Parcel, and the corresponding amount of Cash on delivery must be stated on it.
Dangerous goods cannot be sent even if they are marked with the external mark of dangerous goods. If a product that is not subject to ADR (or another label for hazardous substances) is packaged in packaging bearing ADR-related markings, the ADR-related markings must be removed. If the ADR marks are not removed from the packaging, GLS will decide based on the marks of the others on the packages whether to exclude the shipment from transport.
Handling of inadequate Parcels. GLS has the right not to forward inadequately packaged parcels and / or those whose weight and dimensions exceed the maximum conditions defined by the General Terms and Conditions, or which are inadequate for other reasons stated in these General Terms and Conditions for the transport by GLS system. No Delivery Time Warranty applies to such Parcels. In such cases, GLS will notify the Client and offer the following options:
1. return of the Parcel to the pick-up address with payment of transport according to the price list for domestic distribution, including all registered services
2. repackaging of the Parcel with an ad hoc certain surcharge and forwarding to the final destination
3. personal collection of the Parcel at the GLS location, within 5 working days from the notification.
If the Client rejects all options or does not take over the Parcel within 5 Working Days (option 3), GLS reserves the right to use option 1 or 2 at its own discretion, and in any case does not take responsibility for any damage to such Parcel, while the Client remains liable for all possible damage, as well as the obligation to pay for the service provided as well as for all actual costs incurred (including but not limited to costs of handling and/or storing the goods).
11. Weight and size restrictions
Parcels may be dispatched in a weight of up to 40 kg per parcel. The maximum weight of the export Parcel is subject to current restrictions. The girth of the parcel (girth = 2x height + 2X width 1x length) may not exceed 3 metres, and the maximum permitted parcel sizes are: length 2 m, height 0.6 m, width 0.8 m. An additional fee (TM) shall be charged for each parcel larger than the defined circumference by GLS.
For Business-Small Parcels the maximum weight of a parcel is 2 kg, and the maximum width is 40 cm, while the minimum size of the parcel must be such that the largest package label fits on its largest side.
Each parcel is weighed by GLS Croatia automatically at the time when the parcel arrives at the regional collection depot or the central dispatch plant, using electronic scales and the measured weight is allocated to the parcel number and automatically registered. The measured weight data serves as the basic data for the automatic invoicing process.
Parcels that are inadequate by weight, dimensions or method of packaging are not always forwarded, but are subject to the rules set out in Article 10 of the General Conditions For restrictions of Parcels regarding weight and size sent by ParcelShop or ParcelLocker, please see Article 9 hereof.
12. Objects excluded from the scope of GLS’ services
GLS collects closed, undamaged Parcels, the contents of which are not checked. Therefore, it is important that the Sender, as the only person who is always familiar with the content of the Parcel, especially respects the following restrictions and do not send the following in the Parcels:
- Inadequately packaged Parcels (the rules specified in Article 10 of the General Terms and Conditions have not been complied with)
- perishable goods, infectious goods,
- mortal remains,
- live animals and plants,
- goods of special value such as money, precious metals, securities, drawn lottery tickets and the like, real pearls, jewels, jewellery, tickets for various events, tickets for means of transport, etc.
- works of art, objects of sentimental value,
- temperature-sensitive goods,
- food products,
- ammunition, weapons, explosives, flammable objects, etc.,
- drugs, unless the sender and recipient are authorized by special law to trade in or use drugs,
- radioactive materials,
- flammable materials,
- products marked as biohazardous,
- products with an asbestos warning label
- in the case of export packages, products with excise duty, alcoholic beverages, tobacco products,
- dangerous goods according to the ADR classification (Regulation on the transport of dangerous goods on public roads)
- In the case of Parcels delivered to a foreign destination, in addition to the above, personal belongings, goods in glass packaging, products subject to excise duty, income tax or special taxes, as well as goods accompanied by ATA-Carnet are excluded from the services
In addition, please do not send content or Parcels whose sending is prohibited by all applicable sanction’s laws, whether because of their content, the Recipient or the country from which or to which the Parcel is sent. Sanctioning laws include all laws, regulations and decisions imposing sanctions (including trade restrictions and economic sanctions) on States, units or individuals, including without limitation those imposed by the United Nations, the European Union and the Member States of the European Union. It is the obligation of the Sender i.e. the Client to beforehand check the compliance of contents with said sanction rules on the destination site.
The Client is obliged to notify GLS Croatia, prior to dispatch, about any parcels with a value that exceeds 5,000 EUR (in words: five thousand)/ 37.672,50 kuna (in words: thirty seven thousand six hundred seventy two kuna and fifty lipa) if sent via ParcelLocker or handed over to the Deliverer, and if such a Parcel is handed over in ParcelShop, the Sender is obligated to inform the trader and the trader is obligated to inform GLS about the value of the goods and request the permission for collecting it.
GLS does not resume any liability in case of damage or loss of Parcels if after the fact it is determined that the content was prohibited within the meaning of the provisions hereof.
13. Collection of parcels
Collection of the Parcel is usually performed at the Sender's headquarters. Exceptionally and based on a separate agreement, the Senders may deliver the addressed Parcels with a label for delivery on the next Business Day at the central sorting center at the GLS headquarters at a pre-arranged time - if the delivery would be made outside the agreed time, the Client is has all responsibility for any damage.
When picking up the parcels, the GLS Croatia driver does not check if parcel is packed adequatly and if parcel label is filled correctly. Although he may refuse to accept parcels that are clearly inadequate in packaging.
The deliverer or an employee of GLS or ParcelShop takes over the Parcel by submitting the form Receipt of the collected Parcel (which the Deliverer certifies with the tour code and the date). It is registered on the mentioned Certificate where the quantity control was performed: at the Sender's headquarters (the control of the Parcel number was performed during the collection) or at the central sorting center of GLS (control of the Parcel number was not performed during the collection). If the Sender during pickup select the option of quantity control not being made during pickup, the same will take place in GLS’ central sorting location and the Sender waives any claims connected to the number of given Parcels for the mentioned time interval.
The collection of Parcels can take place in the Senders headquarters, in GLS depo, in a ParcelShop i.e. ParcelLocker, as well as in GLS’ central sorting location, however, individual registration and weighting of Parcel can take place solely in GLS’ central sorting location.
The Client may use the following certificates to identify submitted Parcels:
- second copy of the Parcel label,
- Parcel number mini-label (self-adhesive, detachable from the parcel ticket in 2 copies),
- in the case of a parcel label generated through Client’s own system, the computer data file in the format agreed with GLS Croatia
The address marked on the parcel or on the parcel label should contain the following data in Arabic numerals and Latin-script letters: name and surname of the Recipient,
- destination of the Parcel (name of the town, village), postal code,
- name of the street, house number,
- floor, door number (if applicable)
- contact data such as cell phone number of the Recipient (depending on selected service)
- in the case of an institution, business location, warehouse, hospital, etc., the name of the department / company / person for whom the Parcel is intended, ie the clearest possible instructions according to which the Supplier can quickly and easily locate the place of delivery or identify the authorized Recipient
- in the case of an export parcel, the name of the destination country
- value and kind of goods for Parcel with destination for which a T2L documents must be made (list of such destinations can be found on GLS website)
For Parcels that the Sender sends to the area for which T2L documents are required, and for which the required data are not specified, GLS may request data from the Sender, and keep the Parcels until the data is obtained. If GLS does not receive the requested information within 5 Working days for domestic Parcel, or 10 Working Days for international parcel, it will return the Parcel to the Client. GLS does not check and is not responsible for the information on the type and value of goods specified by the Sender. All possible sanctions (customs, sanitary inspections, etc.) that would possibly be charged to GLS, and caused by providing incorrect data, GLS will charge from the Sender.
If the Client or another authorized person requests the suspension or return of the Parcel after its delivery to GLS, GLS undertakes to take the necessary steps to execute it, but does not guarantee success.
The recipient is obliged to provide easy and secure access to his address. The Deliverer must not stay at one address for more than 10 minutes during delivery. If he is kept waiting any longer, the delivery process may be broken off.
The Parcel is issued with the signature of the Recipient or with the signature of an adult member of the household, a person employed in the Recipient's household or business premises or an authorized person in the business premises of the legal or natural person where the Recipient is permanently employed or persons authorized to take over the Parcel. GLS does not check whether there is another natural person with the same name at that address who can claim the Parcel.
The recipient confirms the collection by signature on the GLS stationery or image reader-scanner. Except signature, the signatory must tell the deliverer his name and surname, all so that the name of the Recipient can be sought by telephone or by electronic information about the Parcel.
In order to ensure the quality of its service and prevent losses, the deliverer may (and in the case of the AddresseeOnlyService service, request) information that may facilitate the identification of the Recipient (ID card number, PIN or JMBG or other information that may facilitate proof of the Recipient's person). This information is used solely for the purpose of proving the performance of the service in resolving any disputes over the delivery. Evidence of delivery containing the above information shall be archived in physical and electronic form and shall not be disclosed to third parties or used for other purposes.
By the signature upon delivery, the Addressee confirms that the parcel was delivered in an undamaged condition. After the Addressee takes over the parcel, GLS is not liable for possible reclamations, damages or the diminishing in size of the parcel, unless evidence is provided that the damage did not occur after the delivery.
In case of damaged Parcel, GLS offers the possibility of checking of content on delivery, and for the purposes of damage resolution, the results of the check shall be entered together with the Recipient into a Damage report. One copy of the minutes shall be handed over to the Recipient.
GLS only delivers to persons who are illiterate or prevented from writing in the presence of an adult witness. The witness signs the delivery document with his/her own name.
In case of absence of the Recipient, the Sender can instruct GLS to deliver the Parcel into the house mailbox, to give it to a neighbor or other appropriate individual.
15. Parcel forwarding fee, reimbursement of costs
The prices of services are the subject of a separately concluded contract with the Client or a publicly available price list of services. By using the service, it is considered that the User has accepted the price, which applies to all price changes, provided that they are publicly published on GLS's website, or that they are properly displayed in ParcelSHOPs, and in the case of a written cooperation agreement with the User, that the notification of the new prices has been sent to him by e-mail or in another way which can determine the sending of the notification to the Client.
The prices are based on a volume weight of 1m³ = min. 300 kg.
16. Obligations of the Client
The Client is obliged to immediately notify GLS in writing of any significant changes in the data, among other things, it has the obligation to report:
- if there has been a change in the name / company or address / headquarters of the Client,
- in case of change of the place of collection of the Parcel,
- in case of change of account in the bank or commercial bank with which the Client cooperates,
- a change in the person entitled to sign and act on behalf of the company,
- if the legal form of the Sending Company changes,
- if there are other significant changes that affect the business of the Sending Company, and which changes may affect the rights and obligations of GLS, including but not limited to the opening of bankruptcy proceedings, pre-bankruptcy settlement or pre-bankruptcy agreement, liquidation and similar proceedings the company of the Client.
17. Invoicing, franking
The invoice for the performed services (with the exception is issued subsequently, according to the agreement, in a one-time or two-time monthly invoicing cycle. GLS invoices the performed services by types of services in the total amount. Payment of the invoice is always made by bank transfer. The attachment of the service invoice contains a detailed printout by parcel numbers, measured weights and fees; and it is issued solely in the electronic form.
Having in mind the instability of global oil market, GLS remains the right to unilaterally correct the amount of gas addition and calculate it monthly according to the Index of consumer prices for gas on personal vehicles of the Croatian National Institute for Statistics or according to valid offer. After the gas price is published, GLS shall set out the actual payment addition.
Through the ClimateProtect initiative, we compensate part of the CO2 emissions caused by the parcels transport and related business activities through certified climate protection projects. ClimateProtect is a separate fee and is calculated per Parcel. The GLS determines the surcharge according to a special agreement in a one-time or two-time monthly invoicing cycle.
The Sender is obligated to pay the invoice by remittance, within the due date as indicated, regardless of any complaints or claims from that period that are in the process of resolution.
In the event of late payment, GLS will charge default interest from the first day of delay and require coverage of costs related to the collection of arrears.
In the case of using the Cash service, if there is a due and unsettled claim of GLS against the Sender, then GLS has the right to make compensation with the collected amounts of Cash.
GLS has a system for monitoring the collection of issued invoices, as part of which it sends reminders to debtors. Reminders, as well as invoices, can be sent either by delivery or by e-mail (if the User has agreed to this option). However, the obligation to pay the bill does not depend on the receipt of the reminder. If the User has any doubts about the status of his debt, he can contact the Customer Service.
Your satisfaction with our service is important to us, which is why we take your complaints very seriously. Below you can find out how you can file a complaint in case of dissatisfaction with our service. Please strictly adhere to the rules of conduct set out below, otherwise we will not be able to accept your requests. It is necessary that we receive your complaint in a written form, at the addresses below, within the deadlines below:
GLS headquarter marked „Complaint“.
In exceptional cases, your complaint shall be received via phone (by calling customer service). Depending on circumstances, our reply shall be made by phone, with given information being restricted to the results of complaint handling. Please take into consideration that the precondition of further actions regarding the complaint in case of continued dissatisfaction is sending of a written complaint.
The User may file a written complaint in case of loss of the Parcel, exceeding the deadline for transmission and delivery of the Parcel or in case GLS did not perform the service or did not perform it in full, within three months from the date of delivery of the Parcel in domestic traffic, and within six months in international traffic.
In case of damage or decrease of the contents of the Parcel, the Recipient or other authorized person must file a complaint immediately upon delivery of the Parcel by filling out the form "Record of Damage" which is in a possession of a Deliverer. The Recipient or another authorized person may file a complaint subsequently but only if the complaint is accompanied by proof that the damage did not occur after delivery. If the complaint is sent later (and not by filling in the form "Record of damage"), they are sent to the e-mail address email@example.com or to the address of the headquarters of GLS Croatia, with the mark saying “Complaint”.
GLS is obliged to submit a written response to the User on the merits of the submitted complaint within a maximum of 30 days from the date of receipt of the complaint in domestic and 60 days in international transport. The user has the right to submit a complaint (reclamation) to the consumer complaints committee at the postal service provider within 30 days from the date of delivery of the written response, which must within 30 days (from the date of receipt of the complaint) answer.
In the event of a dispute between the User and GLS regarding the resolution of a complaint, the User may submit a request for resolving the dispute to the Croatian Regulatory Authority for Network Industries within 30 days from the date of submission of a written response from the Consumer Complaints Commission.
19. Liability, compensation
In a domestic transport GLS is liable in following cases:
- for loss of or damage to postal parcels or decrease of its content,
- late delivery and handover of parcel,
- the service is not entirely or partially provided.
The acts of the Universal Postal Union shall apply to compensation for damage in international traffic.
GLS is not responsible in the following situations:
- when it proves that the cases described in the previous paragraph could not have been foreseen, avoided or prevented (vis maior),
- when the sender does not file a complaint or does not file a claim for damages in accordance with the Postal Services Act
- in the case of parcels with forbidden content,
- when the damage is caused by the sender not packing the shipment in such a way as to secure its contents or not using the appropriate service offered by the postal service provider.
GLS assumes responsibility for damages exclusively according to the General Terms and Conditions and other documents which define the business relationship between GLS and the applicant. No compensation may be claimed if the conditions of carriage of the Parcel, the rules for packaging described in these General Terms and Conditions (in particular in Article 10) or the Shipping Tips are not taken into consideration when packing the goods.
Services of Declared Value Insurance do not cover damages in cases where reimbursement is excluded according to these General Terms, and are used for extension of the upper level of reimbursement amount, in a case of a justified claim.
GLS is not liable for lost profits, nor for actual damage that may occur due to loss, damage or reduced content of the postal item, exceeding the deadline for transfer and delivery of the postal item, and in case he did not perform the service or did not perform it fully. GLS is not liable for the lessening in worth of goods, the inability of its sale after damage; and in case of late delivery of Parcel without time guarantee, GLS is not liable for damages.
GLS is not able to provide information, opinions or decisions on compensation in case of damage that may occur later, due to currently present factors (for example, shorter life of the TV due to the wetness of the outer packaging).
GLS reserves the right to compensation based on special agreements and arrangements with the applicant.
The report of damage
In case of damage or reduction of the content of the Parcel, the Recipient or another authorized person must file a complaint immediately upon delivery. When delivering the Package, the Recipient has the right to request the completion of the form of the Damage Record (owned by the Supplier), and may report the damage subsequently (after delivery) with proof that the damage did not occur after delivery. The timeliness of the application is a precondition for a justified claim for damages against GLS.
In case of damage to the parcel, GLS or its representative must be able to inspect the Package or withdraw them to the GLS premises for inspection, all within 5 Business days as from the day of GLS’ notice on need for damage inspection, therefore the parcels must remain in the same condition in which they were at the time of delivery. GLS remains the right of closing a damage claim as unjustified i.e. – depending on circumstances and according to GLS’ free estimation – remains the right to close a damage claim according to other available information, should due to failure in observing said procedure it is impossible to determine the circumstances and responsible party for the occurrence of damage.
Claims are opened during or after the claim report, via the GLS website at the link "Damage / Loss", with the attachment of documentation proving the following:
- value of damaged goods (preferably purchase value)
- connection of the content with the Recipient of the damaged or lost package (delivery note, sales invoice, etc.)
- timeliness of damage reporting
- a statement on the absence of external insurance coverage for damaged or lost content
- proof that the Parcel has been handed over to GLS (in case of reporting the loss of a Parcel for which there is no trace of receiving it in the GLS system).
GLS reserves the right to request additional documentation, in addition to or instead of the above, if required by the circumstances of the adverse event or it is necessary to investigate liability for the same. In case that the claim is opened with incomplete and / or invalid documentation, GLS will request additional documentation by contacting the e-mail addresses registered by the applicant when initiating the claim on the website provided (Report of damage / loss). If these contacts do not exist or are invalid, GLS will contact you by e-mail addresses from its own database or from publicly available data. Upon notification of GLS on incomplete documentation and request for submission of additional documentation, the applicant has 5 working days to submit the requested. In case that the delivery of the requested documentation is not completed within the specified period, the claim is closed and it is considered that the applicant has given it up. In caseOlgOlgOlg1000 that the applicant does not submit complete documentation within the specified period or that the submitted documentation does not comply with the required conditions of GLS, GLS reserves the right to conclude a claim on the basis of incomplete documentation.
An invoice on which VAT is not shown or hidden is not recognized as the basis for determining the amount of damages. In case the applicant submits such an invoice, the amount of compensation will be determined according one of the following (depending on what is available in subject case): the sales invoice, i.e. according to the estimated purchase value; the accompanying document attached to the Parcel or according to the value of the Cash amount (reduced by VAT and 30%), if there is a registered cash on Delivery amount on parcel but missing the sales invoice.
GLS does not forward submitted invoices and documentation to third parties, with the exception of requests sent by competent institutions (eg HAKOM, MIA, State Inspectorate, etc.)
Reimbursement – domestic transport
A justified claim for damages arises if it is submitted in a written form within 30 days from the date of receipt of the written response to the submitted complaint, and if the service provider has been proved liable for the damage. By missing this deadline, the right to file a claim for damages is lost. Regarding the submission of an objection, please consider rules set out in Article 18 of the General Conditions. Adherence to these rules is a prerequisite for the correctness and acceptability of any claim.
GLS will pay the Sender or other authorized person for Domestic Transport Parcels the following compensation:
- for loss or total damage:
- Parcels - in the amount of five times of the amount charged for the postal service
- Parcel with declared value (DeclaredValueInsuranceService) - up to the amount of the marked value
- for partial damage or decrease of contents:
- Parcel - in the amount corresponding to the actual value of the damaged or reduced contents of the Package, but up to five times the amount of the charged price of the postal service
- Parcel with declared value - in the amount corresponding to the actual value of the damaged or reduced contents of the parcel, but up to the amount of the marked value, but not more than 1659,04 euro / HRK 12,500.00 kuna;
- - for exceeding the deadline for transmission and delivery of the Package (in the case of the Guaranteed24Service) - in the amount of three times the amount of the charged price of the postal service. In case of late delivery of the Package without a time guarantee, GLS has no obligation to compensate the damage.
- for unperformed service in the amount of the charged service
Liability for damages included in the basic price of the service corresponds to the amount of the purchase value of damaged or lost goods without VAT or sales value without VAT reduced by 30% (assumed margin), or the price of replacement or repair, and may amount to a maximum of 165,90 euro (in words: one hundred and sixty-five euros and ninety cents) / HRK 1,250.00 (in words: one thousand two hundred and fifty), but not less than five times the amount of postage.
All approved compensation claims that will be submitted until the end of 2022 (end of 31.12.2022), if they are concluded from 01.01.2023 onwards, will be calculated and paid in EUR according to the exchange rate of €1 = HRK 7.53450.
Reimbursement – international transport
GLS will pay the following damage to the Sender or another authorized person for Parcels in the international traffic:
- for loss, total damage or reduction of content:
• Parcel - in the amount corresponding to the actual value of the damaged or reduced contents of the Parcel, but not more than 40 DTS (SDR) increased by 4.50 DTS (SDR) per started kilogram of parcel weight and postal service,
• DeclaredValueInsuranceService parcel - up to the amount of the noted value, but not more than 663,61 euro / HRK 5,000.00 kuna
• for unperformed service - in the amount of the charged service.
The amount of the kuna equivalent of the DTS for a certain fiscal year (from April 1st until March 31st) is determined by the average value of the International Monetary Fund's DTS exchange rate against the Euro and the average value of the Croatian National Bank's kuna and euro exchange rate of the previous fiscal year (April 1). until March 31. GLS reserves the right to determine the new kuna equivalent of the DTS if the Kuna / DTS exchange rate changes by more than 2%. The current amount of the kunas equivalent of the DTS is published on the GLS website.
If the applicant claims a smaller amount than the amount obtained by the described calculation, the damage will be compensated in the amount requested by the applicant.
Damage liability – general rules (domestic and international traffic)
The rules set out here apply to domestic and international transport.
The transport cost of damaged Parcels can be included by the claimant into the total claim amount, but cannot be remunerated independently from the claim. When calculating the total amount of damages, the transport costs shall be added to the price of damaged goods, whereas the total amount of remuneration cannot be more than the maximum amount of claim reimbursement as defined herein.
GLS reserves the right to compensate for partial damage to the content, in the amount in which the damaged content or part of it can be returned to its original condition (for example, service, repair, replacement), choosing the most favorable repair offer. In such a case, GLS has the right to decide on the economic viability of repairing the damaged product or on replacing it in its entirety.
GLS may claim a product for which compensation for replacement or purchase has been paid.
If the Sender or another authorized person requests the delivery of the subsequently found Parcel, he is obliged to return the amount of the received compensation. Otherwise, GLS has the right to destroy the Parcel or sell its content.
The damage amount does not cover services done on a lost product, such as engravings, repairs etc.
The sender cannot transfer his claim for damages to third parties without the consent of GLS. GLS does not indemnify for the value for which there is already other insurance coverage.
In the case of a claim for second-hand items, for which there is no valid proof of the sale or purchase value (for example, in the case of claims for devices sent by private persons to service or returned from service to private persons), GLS will independently determine the sale value of the item which is valid at the time of reporting the damage according to the average selling price of the article from currently available sources.
GLS will pay the compensation, which it assessed as justified, within 8 days from the decision.
- Parcels are excluded from compensation if their packaging does not meet the requirements specified in these General Terms and Conditions.
- Parcels marked as fragile will be treated with special care by employees, but the content fragility mark will not result in additional liability for damages if the contents of the Parcels are not adequately protected, which is the sole responsibility of the Sender
- In the case of fragile items (glass, porcelain, bottles, ampoules for medicines and injections, infusion bottles, electronic goods, etc.), compensation is not possible in the case of general undamaged outer packaging, even when due to unsatisfactory inner packaging part of the contents Damages the Parcels, and the contents of the damaged part leak and / or contaminate and / or damage other parts of the Parcel.
- Leakage of liquids in Parcels must be prevented by hermetically sealed lids and / or plugs. Compensation will not be reimbursed if the damage was caused by leaks.
- If a set, one or more pieces of the set or their parts are damaged during the transport of the Parcel, no additional claim can be made in the event of compensation. The cost of repairing or replacing a kit is calculated on a pro rata basis. No special requirements relating to the standardization of the collection may be taken into account when calculating the indemnity.
- After the delivery of the parcel to GLS, the subject of the claim cannot be losses due to inappropriate packaging, if the contents of several Parcels are merged into one and if the number of items is reduced as a result of the above.
- Excluded from the claim are those Parcels in which, after opening the undamaged packaging, cracks, scratches, damage due to gnawing etc. are found on enamelled or lacquered objects, or in the case of furniture and wooden parts in addition to the stated occurrence of embossing, peeling, polishing damage, separation glued parts or veneer.
- In case of sending unpackaged suitcases, bags or travel bags, compensation will not be paid if the product becomes dirty or the protruding parts are damaged (wheels, handles).
- Excluded from any damages are those cases when the Parcel is delivered in the original, undamaged packaging, and after delivery a request for compensation is submitted.
- Parcels shipped in the original, sales or factory packaging or gift packaging are not subject to damages. The sales packaging is not identical to the transport packaging, it is not adapted to the handling used in the GLS network, and therefore it must necessarily be reinforced with additional outer packaging and adequate fillings.
- If the packaging of a properly packaged Parcel is not damaged during transport and if the vehicles or other means involved in the transport have not collided, overturned, etc. no compensation may be claimed for mechanical, electrical or electronic interference with items within the Parcel.
- GLS does not indemnify for damaged packaging (transport, original, factory, sales, gift packaging or other), for the inability to sell the product or for a reduction in the selling price of the product
- Corrosion, oxidation and discoloration of items handed over for transport do not constitute grounds for compensation.
GLS is committed to complying with all local and international rules, which is further confirmed by a series of internal regulations that harmonize its operations with internationally recognized standards in the field of combating bribery and corruption, avoiding conflicts of interest, protection of competition and so on.
Users, when cooperating with GLS, are expected to comply with all applicable rules arising from domestic and international legal sources and to refrain from abusing GLS services and systems in any form. It is understood that GLS reserves the right to immediately terminate cooperation with any User at the time of learning of a violation of these rules by the User and reserves the right to claim compensation from such User for any related damages.
21. Severability / Jurisdiction
If any of the provisions of these General Business Conditions is or becomes invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the other provisions thereof. Such invalid provision shall be replaced with a provision that fulfils as closely as possible the business purposes of the original provision.
Any disputes shall be submitted by the parties to the competence of the Croatian Regulatory Agency for Network Activities. In the case of disputes for which there is jurisdiction of the court, the court in Zagreb has local jurisdiction.
22. General or local limitation and suspension of service
GLS may restrict or suspend the transport of the Parcels in accordance with these General Terms and Conditions, if this becomes necessary due to force majeure (vis maior) or the initiation of proceedings by the competent authorities.
GLS may temporarily suspend services in certain areas due to traffic restrictions or meteorological conditions, or may deviate from the commonly applied delivery rules.
23. Data protection, postal secret
In performing its services, GLS complies with the provisions of the Postal Services Act and other applicable regulations relating to the secrecy of postal items and the confidentiality of personal data. This includes the following rules:
- GLS may not open closed Parcels - with the exceptions specified in the General Terms and Conditions or contained in the applicable laws and / or bylaws.
- open may be studied only for the purpose, and to the extent appropriate, in order to determine the necessary data for retrieval, processing, forwarding and delivery.
- data, which he learned during the performance of the service - except those relating to the Sender, Recipient (or other authorized person etc. and necessary for the performance of the service - may not be disclosed to third parties;
- The parcel may not be handed over to third parties for the purpose of checking its contents, except for the Sender, the Recipient (or other authorized persons), and authorized bodies in accordance with the Postal Services Act;
- information related to the execution of the service - except for the Sender, the Recipient (or another authorized person), and authorized bodies - may not be disclosed to third parties.
Persons appointed by the Sender are considered to have persons with the same authority as the Sender himself. A person who has the same authorizations as the Sender is also considered to be the person who reports the unique identification data of the parcel, the password and the input code to GLS via an electronic communication device (telecommunication device, Internet).
GLS may open a closed parcel if:
- the wrapping of the Parcel is so damaged that the opening of the Parcel is justified in order to protect the contents, and repackaging without opening the contents of the Parcel cannot be protected;
- this is necessary for the elimination of a hazard caused by the contents of the parcel;
- GLS may open and view the contents of the parcel with the consent of the Sender or Recipient.
- there are situations in which GLS, in order to comply with legal obligations, is obliged to open and review the contents of the Parcel in the presence of at least two persons without the consent of the Sender or Recipient:
- when the Parcel cannot be delivered to the Recipient, nor returned to the Sender,
- when there is a reasonable suspicion that the Parcel contains prohibited content in accordance with the Postal Services Act or other applicable regulation,
- when the Parcel is damaged in such a way that its contents or the contents of other Parcel are endangered,
- when the Parcel is subject to customs and foreign exchange inspection in international traffic in accordance with customs regulations and regulations on foreign exchange operations.
The opening of the parcel is regulated by the GLS, and the measures taken are recorded in the record.
The Sender assumes the obligation and full responsibility to provide GLS with only those data, in connection with which the use of the same does not violate the rights or legal interests of both the Sender and the third parties (especially the Recipient), and that in connection with the mentioned data and their use has the necessary powers. This provision applies to the use of the Recipient's telephone number (fixed or mobile) and e-mail address, in the manner and to the extent necessary for the performance of the service.
24. Customer service
The satisfaction of our customers is extremely important to us. We know that customers want to have up-to-date and accurate information about the services we offer, i.e. the status of their execution, which is why we have a professional Customer Service at our headquarters, which works every Working day from 7 am to 6 pm.
The Customer service can be reached:
by phone: 01 / 2042 672
by fax: 01 / 2369 620
by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
At the Customer Service you can:
- get information on the current status of the Parcel (IOD) according to the unique parcel number,
- receive delivery certificates (POD) - at the request of the Sender;
- get advice on the optimal way of wrapping the Parcel;
- report problems or difficulties related to our services.
In addition to the possibility of contacting our Customer Service, from the second working day after the day of collecting the Parcel, the IOD is also available on the website www.gls-croatia.com in the parcel search menu, where it can be searched according to the unique parcel number entered.
In case of delivery to ParcelLocker, only IOD can be requested.
PODs are available for a period of one year from the date of delivery. Copies of PODs delivered less than a year ago can be requested free of charge up to 5% of the average monthly volume of the parcel, while GLS will issue an appropriate offer to the Customer for larger quantities than specified.
In order to protect the Customer and to protect the confidentiality of the service provided, before receiving the information described above, the employees of the Customer Service are authorized to request from the Customer his user code or identification data such as PIN.
25. Final provisions
All topics not defined herein are ruled by the applicable provisions of ZPU (Postal services law).
These General Terms and Conditions are valid from July 05, 2023. year.
Prices in euros are expressed according to the fixed exchange rate of €1 = HRK 7.53450.
These General Terms and Conditions as well as the standard price list are published on GLS's website. In addition to the contract offer, the sender will in any case receive the General Terms and Conditions, which are an integral part of the contract.