Information about Cookies
Small text files stored on your computer, enabling an analysis of your website use. The information stored by cookies can be read by the website when you visit it again at a later date. On the one hand cookies are necessary to ensure that all processes on the site work smoothly. On the other hand cookies can make the re-use of the site easier for the user: Information stored by cookies at the first visit, e. g. language settings or user names, do not need to be entered again. Hence, the website adjusts itself to a certain extent to your individual needs under the condition that the same device will be used.
To provide you an optimal service, adapted to your customer needs. For instance, some information you have already received at the first visit, will not be displayed once more.
Activities such as the login and logout process can be facilitated, information you already searched for will be displayed faster. The performance of the website can be increased
GLS uses the following cookies:
- “_ga”, “_gat” and “_gid” (for Google Analytics, for detailed explanation click here
- “BIGIP“ (used for GLS website internal load balancing)
- “glsCountryURL” (used to store the selected country on gls-group.eu)
- “JSESSIONID“ (session id of your website user session)
- “feature_release” (gradually provides new features to users which is required for an unrestricted use of the website)
How you can disable cookies:
Browser settings can be adapted easily. Thus, you can also disable cookies without much effort. Please note the following: If you disable cookies, your user name and password for login into the closed area of the website cannot be saved.
Please find a short introduction, how to deactivate cookies for your browser.
1. Open the Firefox browser.
2. Click on the menu button and choose “Options”. Select the Privacy panel.
3. Set “Firefox will:” to “Use customs settings for history“.
4. Remove the check mark from “Accept cookies from sites“ to enable cookies, and uncheck to disable them.
5. Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you’ve made will automatically be saved.
1. Open the Internet Explorer.
2. Click the “Tools” button and then click “Internet Options”. Click the Privacy tab, and then, under “Settings”, move the slider to the top to block all cookies.
3. Click on ”OK“.
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Select the Chrome menu icon.
3. Select “Settings”.
4. Near the bottom of the page, select “Show advanced settings”. In the Privacy section, select ”Content settings“. Select ”Block sites from setting any data“. Select “Done”.
1. Open Safari.
2. Choose ”Preferences” and click on ”Privacy“.
3. Select the option “Always block”.