GLS provides recipients with useful online tools and information relating to parcel delivery.
Parcel information by e-mail and SMS
Be aware early on and influence delivery
GLS informs parcel recipients by e-mail and SMS about the delivery and gives them the opportunity to choose from a wide range of delivery options – and this even before and also while the parcel is on its way.
You will receive ordered goods faster and more conveniently because you can influence the place and time of delivery. You avoid that a parcel is delivered when nobody is present to accept it.
Your benefits at a glance
- You already receive information before shipment has started
- You are informed about the estimated three hour time frame of delivery in advance
- You can directly access your delivery options via the link in the e-mail
- You do not have to register or log in
- You can chose from a wide range of delivery options with just a few clicks
Message number 1 – when the goods are ready for dispatch
The company you ordered from prepares your parcel and will send the parcel data to GLS as well as your e-mail address – if you have agreed to this (via the Terms and Conditions or during the ordering process). You will receive an e-mail and SMS informing you about the usual delivery time
Message number 2 – when GLS takes over the parcel
As soon as GLS collects the finished parcel at the sender, it is possible to determine the day of delivery. You will then receive a second e-mail and SMS, in which the estimated delivery date and the estimated time frame is given. This information is based on experience of delivery in your area. If you can see that nobody is present at that time to accept the parcel, you can already choose other delivery options.
Further message – after delivery or delivery attempt
Even after the delivery, GLS keeps you informed about the status of your parcel. This is done regardless of whether you have selected a delivery option.
You receive the following information:
- Parcel has been delivered to a chosen Point Relais®
- Parcel has been delivered to the desired address
- Parcel has been placed at the desired location
- Parcel has been delivered alternatively to a neighbour
- Parcel has been delivered to the closest GLS depot
- Parcel could not be delivered
How to get the options for your parcel
In the e-mails, you find a link to the delivery options on the GLS website or in the GLS App. This link leads you directly to the possibilities for the parcel mentioned in the e-mail. You do not have to register, but can immediately choose between different options on the page that appears.
For example, you can pick a day for delivery or redirect the parcel – to another address (+ 24 hours), to a Point Relais® or to a GLS depot.
GLS will send e-mails and SMS to you, if the sender of the goods – for example an online shop owner – has created the necessary conditions. What this means for you as a recipient: You only receive information by e-mail and SMS from this sender for GLS parcels.