GLS Poland is a subsidiary of General Logistics Systems B.V., Amsterdam (GLS). GLS implements reliable and high quality packet services as well as express deliveries and logistics related value added products.
GLS Poland takes data protection very seriously. For this reason collection of your personal data occurs in accordance with statutory regulations.
Personal data comprises details on the personal or factual circumstances of a specific or determinable individual. This includes information such as name, address, telephone number and date of birth. Information that is not directly related to your true identity such as favourite web pages or the number of users on a page is not considered to be personal data.
Collection, Processing and Use of Personal Data/Cookies policy
1. Each time a user accesses a GLS web page data is saved in a log file. The following specific data is temporarily saved:
- IP number of the querying computer
- Domain name
- Date and time of access
- HTTP answer code
- Visited pages
- Operating system with version
- Browser with version
- Screen resolution
3. GLS fundamentally differentiates between an open and closed area during usage of the GLS web site. The closed area partially assists the performance of a contract between the customer and GLS and can only be accessed by means of a login file, which is issued by GLS.
Among other functions the open area provides the user with an E-mail contact form, "Track&Trace", and the ParcelShop search. Data entered in the scope of an enquiry via the E-mail form such as name, street, postcode, city, etc. is required by us in order to process your enquiry. Forwarding, sale or any other means of transfer of your personal data to third parties does not occur.
4. The saved data is anonymously summarised for statistical purposes. These statistics are used to evaluate usage of the GLS web site by visitors. Particularly, the order in which the pages are visited and the path taken between pages is represented. GLS uses this information in order to ascertain ways in which the usage and application of the web site can be further improved.
5. The GLS website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so called "cookies", i.e. text files that are saved on your computer, allowing an analysis of how you use the web site. The information about your use of this web site, generated by the cookie (incl. your IP address), is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and saved there. If IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address is shortened before transmission in member states of the European Union or other contractual states of the agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the full IP address is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. Google will use this information in order to analyse your use of the website, to compile reports about the website activities for the website operator and to perform further services that are connected with the website use and the internet use. Moreover, Google will transmit this information to a third party when indicated, as far as this is legally mandatory or as far as a third party is processing this data on behalf of Google. Google will in no case connect your IP address with other data of Google. You can avoid the installation of cookies by adjusting the according settings of your browser software; however we would like to point out that in this case you might not be able to use all functions of this web site to the full extent. Furthermore you can block the registration of the data created by the Cookie (incl. your IP address) and related to your use of this website and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available under http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en .
The GLS website uses the Google Analytics extension „ga('set', 'anonymizeIp', true);“. This ensures anonymised registration of IP addresses ("IP masking").
Security of Personal Data
In the scope of technical and organisational security measures, GLS does everything in its power to protect your personal data from loss and misuse. Your data is saved in a secure operational environment, which is not accessible to the public. Furthermore, GLS employees are obligated to treat personal data confidentially and have signed a declaration in accordance with this obligation.
All further information regarding the protection of personal data in GLS Poland can be found here .