Counterbalance CO2 emissions which arise by reason of parcel deliveries: GLS Germany invests in externally-certified reforestation projects.
Thus, senders together with GLS Germany are contributing to environmentally-friendly parcel delivery. At the same time they are strengthening their profiles as environmentally-conscious companies.
- Contribution to environmentally-friendly parcel delivery
- Senders improve their ecological balance
- Strengthen profile through a visible commitment to the environment
- "ThinkGreen: CO2-neutral delivery" printed on the parcel label
- Annual certificate (from 1,000 parcels per annum upwards)
- Use of the ThinkGreen banner on the sender’s website
Service for climate protection
Proceeds from the ThinkGreenService go to reforestation projects run by PRIMAKLIMA e.V. in Bolivia and Indonesia. In both regions the aim is not only to conserve and reclaim the forest, but also to strengthen the population economically. Thus, the forest and population should coexist and profit from each other in the long term. A previous project in Malaysia supported by the ThinkGreenService was successfully completed in 2017.
By conserving a forest area of 95,638 m² in Bolivia and Indonesia as well as carrying out rehabilitation planting on the area, 6,138 tonnes of CO2 have been compensated in the financial year 2017/18 alone – and 24,489 tonnes of CO2 since the introduction of the ThinkGreenService in 2011.
The basic product for national parcel delivery.
National delivery especially for small and sensitive goods.
The basic product for Europe-wide parcel delivery.
Europe-wide delivery especially for small and sensitive goods.