In the run-up to Christmas, people send more parcels than at any other time of the year. To make sure your parcel reaches its recipient on time, we have put together a few tips – for reliable and secure dispatch with GLS.
Most important: the dispatch deadlines. We recommend the following deadlines:
- No later than 20 December 2017 for parcel shipment within Slovenia
- No later than 15 December 2017 for parcel shipment to neighbouring European countries
- No later than 13 December 2017 for parcel shipment to other European countries
From packaging tips to shipping prices
Sturdy packaging is very important when sending parcels. The parcels travel along conveyor belts in depots and are loaded onto various lorries and delivery vehicles. Here are a few important tips:
1. Use a sturdy cardboard box.
2. Fill it completely with padding.
3. Carefully seal the parcel with packing tape.
4. Do not use ribbons or other Christmas decorations that could get stuck on conveyor belts.