Frequently asked questions and answers
National parcels usually reach their destination on the next working day after the pick-up. For deliveries to neighbouring European countries, standard delivery times are generally between 24 and 48 hours; and for almost all countries at a larger distance within 72 to 120 hours. GLS delivers Monday to Friday during normal business hours.
GLS provides companies with IT dispatch systems that correspond to their requirements and parcel volumes. The systems can be adapted to senders’ IT systems.
GLS offers reliable European and worldwide parcel delivery to its customers, as well as express delivery throughout in Slovenia. More information can be found in the product descriptions in the section “Shipping solutions”.
A parcel may not exceed the following dimensions:
Length: 200 cm
Width: 80 cm
Height: 60 cm
Combined length and girth: 300 cm
Calculation of max. combined length and girth: 2 x height + 2 x width + 1 x longest side
The maximum weight is 50 kg for national and 40 kg for international delivery. Exceptions apply to a small number of countries for worldwide shipping. Contact customer service for more information.
Precisely how much it costs to send a parcel depends on your wishes and requirements. If you send parcels regularly, you will get an individual offer from GLS.
Some shipments cannot be transported by the conveyor belts in our automatic sorting systems because of their size or outer packaging. GLS sorts and scans these “non-conveyable” consignments manually in the depots and distribution hubs. This incurs a surcharge. This includes among others:
- Sacks, rolls, tyres, bales of cloth, canisters, plastic buckets, wooden boxes
- Parcels with protruding parts of any kind
For more information contact the customer service.
Inadequately and/or unconventionally-packed goods are generally excluded from delivery by GLS. Computers (e.g. desktop computers or notebooks) are only transported in their proper original packaging. Also excluded from delivery are among others:
- goods that are susceptible to destruction;
- human remains, live animals or plants;
- bundled parcels, bulk packed items, or wooden crates;
- high valuable goods; precious metals, drawings or other works of art;
- antiques, document of money worth and other similar documents;
- jewels, fur, gold, silver, cash and coin;
- goods sensitive to temperature;
- weapons and ammunition;
- any kinds of dangerous goods (toxic, flammable, explosive and similar substances) which could be health threatening and could cause injuries must not be shipped even with the outside mark;
- parcels that are clearly overweight or oversize;
- parcels with long sharp protruding parts;
- parcels strapped together;
- glass, and glass items;
- parcels addressed to the addressees post office box;
- fragile goods, and other goods that must be treated under special laws and regulations;
- Hazardous goods cannot be dispatched, even if they have a sign on the parcel saying so.
Furthermore in case of parcels with foreign destinations, ATA-Carnet goods and exhibit goods will be excluded from the transportation.
Senders are obliged to notify GLS, prior to dispatch, about any parcels with a value that exceeds EUR 2,000.
Further information can be found in the General Business Conditions.
Yes, all parcels within Slovenia can be tracked in real time by the sender and recipient using parcel tracking. Internationally, GLS already provides real-time delivery information in many countries thanks to mobile data transfer from vehicles. Scanned data from the hubs and depots of all GLS subsidiaries is immediately fed into the GLS IT system and is directly available online. Simply enter the parcel number.
GLS is liable for loss or damage of parcels in its custody. Liability does not include consequential damages like loss of profit. If the sender takes out no transport insurance, GLS compensates the value of the goods beyond the statutory limitation of liability up to a maximum of EUR 200 per parcel. Value of the goods is defined as the purchase price, for second-hand goods the current value or for goods dispatched on occasion of an auction the auction price, depending on which amount is the lowest in the individual case.
You can find further information in the General Business Conditions of GLS Slovenia.
GLS is committed to the responsible use of resources, the reduction of emissions, and the optimisation of waste disposal. All GLS subsidiaries have obtained the ISO 14001 certification for their environmental management systems. GLS coordinates and promotes all activities to protect the environment across the Group within the framework of the ThinkGreen initiative.
You can contact your contact at GLS or our customer service on +386 1 500-11-50* or +386 1 500-11-90* (* Fixed phone lines. You pay according to the tariff of your phone provider).
Or submit your question in writing using the contact form.