Frequently asked questions and answers
National parcels usually reach their destination within a standard delivery time of less than 24 hours. In Europe, standard delivery times are generally between 48 and 96 hours. GLS delivers Monday to Friday during normal business hours.
GLS provides companies with IT dispatch systems that correspond to their requirements and parcel volumes. The systems can be adapted to senders’ IT systems.
GLS offers reliable European and worldwide parcel delivery to its customers. More information can be found in the product descriptions in the section "Shipping solutions".
Simply enter the starting point and destination of your consignment into the GLS product calculator. The available product and service combinations will be displayed immediately.
A parcel may not exceed the following dimensions:
Length: 200 cm
Width: 80 cm
Height: 60 cm
Combined length and girth: 300 cm
Calculation of max. combined length and girth: 2 x height + 2 x width + 1 x longest side
The maximum weight is 31.5 kg for national delivery and 40 kg for international delivery. Exceptions apply to a small number of countries for worldwide shipping. Contact your GLS depot for more information.
Precisely how much it costs to send a parcel depends on your wishes and requirements. If you send parcels regularly, you will get an individual offer from GLS.
Some shipments cannot be transported by the conveyor belts in our automatic sorting systems because of their size or outer packaging. GLS sorts and scans these “non-conveyable” consignments manually in the depots and distribution hubs. This incurs a surcharge. This includes among others:
- Sacks, tyres, rolls, bales of cloth, canisters, plastic buckets, wooden boxes, parcels with protruding parts of any kind
For more information contact your GLS depot.
Inadequately and/or unconventionally-packed goods are generally excluded from delivery by GLS. Computers (e.g. desktop computers or notebooks) are only transported in their proper original packaging. Also excluded from delivery are among others:
- parcels with a goods value of over PLN 6,000,
- goods that require particularly careful handling (e.g. fragile goods),
- commodities requiring a controlled temperature,
- perishable goods or food products within the meaning of the Food and Nutrition Safety Act,
- live animals and plants,
- money and documents with monetary value (e.g. gift vouchers, cheques, debit and credit cards, securities),
- particularly valuable items (e.g. gift vouchers, crude metals and precious stones, jewellery, works of art, antiques),
- telephone cards and pre-paid cards for mobile phones,
- flammable and explosive materials and other commodities listed in the ADR Convention as well as weapons and ammunition,
- musical stringed and plucked instruments,
- dangerous goods of any kind.
Further information can be found in the shipping guidelines as well as in the general terms and conditions.
Yes, all parcels within Poland can be tracked in real time by the sender and recipient using parcel tracking. Internationally, GLS already provides real-time delivery information in many countries thanks to mobile data transfer from vehicles. Scanned data from the hubs and depots of all GLS subsidiaries is immediately fed into the GLS IT system and is directly available online. Simply enter the shipment number or Track ID.
GLS Poland shall be liable for non-performance or improper performance of agreement for the provision of services, basing on the principles under the general terms and conditions, the postal law, transport law, the civil code and other applicable laws.
GLS is committed to the responsible use of resources, the reduction of emissions, and the optimisation of waste disposal. All GLS subsidiaries have obtained the ISO 14001 certification for their environmental management systems. GLS coordinates and promotes all activities to protect the environment across the Group within the framework of the ThinkGreen initiative.
The GLS customer care team and your contact in the GLS depot will be happy to help you. Simply call GLS on +48 46 814 82 20 (rates according to the prices of operator of the caller). Alternatively, you can submit your question in writing using the contact form.