Flexible delivery: GLS informs recipients early about the delivery of goods and offers a variety of delivery options to choose from.
As soon as the ordered goods are ready to be shipped, recipients receive an e-mail containing information about the upcoming delivery.
This way, recipients can make early arrangements to receive the delivery of the goods. Alternatively and if desired they can choose from a variety of delivery options online: for example, a new date for the delivery within a pre-announced three hour time frame or redirect the parcel to a GLS ParcelShop.
Receiving parcels becomes flexible, making the shipment of goods to private households less complicated. The number of enquiries and complaints to the sender decreases, customers satisfaction on the other hand increases.
Benefits for senders
- Free of extra charge
- Optimised B2C shipment
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Less effort in customer service
Benefits for recipients
- Delivery options freely selectable
- Information about delivery
- Three hour delivery time frame given for selected delivery dates
- Delivery options easily selectable
- Flexible parcel reception without registration – simple and fast online
- National parcel shipment
- Cross-border parcel shipment from the Netherlands to Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and Spain.