Parcel information by e-mail or text message
Be aware early on and influence delivery
GLS informs parcel recipients by e-mail or text message about the delivery and gives them the opportunity to choose from a wide range of delivery options. These options are available even before the first delivery attempt.
You will receive ordered goods faster and more conveniently because you can influence the place and time of delivery. You avoid that a parcel is delivered when nobody is present to accept it.
Your benefits at a glance
- You already receive information before shipment has started
- You are informed about the estimated time frame of delivery in advance
- You do not have to register or log in
- You can chose from a wide range of delivery options with just a few clicks
- You can directly access your delivery options via the link in the e-mail or in the text message
Message number 1 – when the goods are ready for dispatch
The company you ordered from prepares your parcel and will send the parcel data to GLS as well as your e-mail address and/or your mobile phone number – if you have agreed to this (via the terms and conditions or during the ordering process). You will receive an e-mail or text message informing you that your parcel is on the way. The message also contains information about the usual delivery times. If you can see that nobody is present at that day to accept the parcel, you can already choose another delivery option. A link in the mail directly leads to the GLS Delivery Manager.
- Delivery to the same address on a specific date
- Delivery to a new address
- Delivery after working hours between 17.00 and 20.00 (only in GLS depot cities)
- Delivery to a GLS ParcelShop
- Delivery to a GLS ParcelLocker
- Collection at a GLS depot
- Refusal of acceptance
Message number 2 – when the parcel is on its way
As soon as the delivery driver has scanned the parcel in the morning of the delivery, it is possible for GLS to determine a three-hour delivery time frame. You will then receive the second e-mail or text message, in which this estimated time frame of delivery is given.
Message number 3 – leading to delivery options you can choose from
If GLS could not deliver your parcel at the first delivery attempt, you will receive an e-mail or text message, which contains once again a direct link to the GLS Delivery Manager. Here, you can influence the second delivery of your parcel according to your wishes.
Three Delivery attempts
Usually GLS attempts to deliver a parcel twice. But in case the sender has booked the FlexDeliveryService, GLS will attempt to deliver a third time if necessary – including the information messages.
GLS provides recipients with many useful online tools and information regarding parcel delivery. For example, finding a ParcelShop close by and shipment tracking – in real time within Hungary.
Find a GLS depot near you and the quickest way there with the practical route planner.