Često postavljena pitanja i odgovori
National parcels usually reach their destination within a standard delivery time of less than 24 hours (excluding islands). In Europe, standard delivery times are generally between 24 and 96 hours. GLS delivers Monday to Friday during normal business hours.
GLS provides companies with IT dispatch systems that correspond to their requirements and parcel volumes. The systems can be adapted to senders’ IT systems.
GLS offers reliable European delivery to its customers. More information can be found in the product descriptions in the section “Shipping solutions”.
A parcel may not exceed the following dimensions:
Length: 200 cm
Width: 80 cm
Height: 60 cm
Combined length and girth: 300 cm
Calculation of max. combined length and girth: 2 x height + 2 x width + 1 x longest side
For a Business-Small Parcel the maximum width is 40 cm.
The maximum weight is 40 kg for national and for international delivery. Exceptions apply to a small number of countries for worldwide shipping. Contact your GLS depot for more information.
For a BusinessSmallParcel the maximum weight of a parcel is 2 kg.
Precisely how much it costs to send a parcel depends on your wishes and requirements. If you send parcels regularly, you will get an individual offer from GLS for the products and services that meet your needs.
Some shipments cannot be transported by the conveyor belts in our automatic sorting systems because of their size or outer packaging. GLS sorts and scans these “non-conveyable” consignments manually in the depots and distribution hubs. This incurs a surcharge. This includes among others:
- Sacks, tyres, rolls, bales of cloth, canisters, plastic buckets, wooden boxes
- Parcels with protruding parts of any kind
For more information contact your GLS depot.
Inadequately and/or unconventionally-packed goods are generally excluded from delivery by GLS. Computers (e.g. desktop computers or notebooks) are only transported in their proper original packaging. Also excluded from delivery are among others:
- goods packed inadequately and/or not in the standard forms of packaging customary in trade
- consignments that are clearly overweight or oversized
- bundled parcels, parcels dispatched in wooden crates
- perishable, infectious or repugnant goods
- human remains
- livestock and plants
- consignments in sacks, bags, or loose-packaged consignments
- highly valuable goods, e.g. cash, precious metals, documents with monetary value, drawn lottery tickets and similar, true pearls, precious stones, jewellery
- works of art, objects of sentimental value
- temperature-controlled goods
- munitions, firearms, explosives and similar items
- parcels addressed to the Addressee’s post-office box or a property identified by its land registry title number
- in the case of export consignments, goods subject to excise duty, alcoholic drinks and tobacco
- commodities listed in the ADR Convention (Regarding the International Transport of Hazardous Goods on Public Roads) as hazardous goods
In the case of parcels of foreign destination, personal belongings, goods subject to excise and consumption duty, as well as goods accompanied by ATA Carnets are also refused for shipment.
The Client is obliged to notify GLS, prior to dispatch, about any parcels with a value that exceeds EUR 5,000 .
Further information can be found in the shipping guidelines as well as in the conditions.
Yes, all parcels within Croatia can be tracked in real time by the sender and recipient using parcel tracking. Internationally, GLS already provides real-time delivery information in many countries thanks to mobile data transfer from vehicles. Scanned data from the hubs and depots of all GLS subsidiaries is immediately fed into the GLS IT system and is directly available online. Simply enter the parcel number.
GLS is liable for loss or damage of parcels in its custody. Liability does not include consequential damages like loss of profit. If the sender takes out no transport insurance, GLS compensates the value of the goods beyond the statutory limitation of liability up to a maximum of HRK 1,250 per parcel. Value of the goods is defined as the purchase price, for second-hand goods the current value or for goods dispatched on occasion of an auction the auction price, depending on which amount is the lowest in the individual case. You can find further information in the terms and conditions of GLS Croatia. On request, a higher liability limit can be agreed. Simply contact your GLS depot for more information.
GLS is committed to the responsible use of resources, the reduction of emissions, and the optimisation of waste disposal. All GLS subsidiaries have obtained the ISO 14001 certification for their environmental management systems. GLS coordinates and promotes all activities to protect the environment across the Group within the framework of the ThinkGreen initiative.
The GLS customer care team and your contact in the GLS depot will be happy to help you. You can also call our hotline for senders: +385 1 204 2672. Or submit your question in writing using the contact form.