GLS Denmark is preparing for Brexit
The United Kingdom is a very important export market to Denmark. Therefore, GLS Denmark is making all necessary preparations – regardless of the form of Brexit.
GLS is working hard to prepare for the customs handling in both Denmark and the UK. In Denmark, customs clearance will be handled from Kolding, and customs clearance in the UK will be handled by Parcelforce.
To ease the transition, you can already prepare several things:
1. Make sure that you have all the necessary information required on your UK consignee:
- Telephone no.
- Email address
2. Make sure that you have all the necessary information for the purchase invoice:
- EORI no. (Economic Operator Registration and Identification – corresponding to the Danish VAT no.) of the consignee
- Customs tariff no. of all products you send
- Net / gross weight of all products
- Product description
- Country of origin per product
- Value per product with currency code
- If more products share the same customs tariff no. and country of origin these products must be totalled.
3. It may be an advantage to establish a company/VAT no. in the UK:
To reduce costs and make it easier to handle the customs clearance of your products, it may be an advantage to establish a company/VAT no. in the UK. This will simplify receiving products from the EU for consignees in the UK, as you may then invoice your UK customers in GBP including VAT on a UK invoice.
Due to customs clearance and possible waiting time at the border, the delivery time to the UK may be prolonged in case of a “No Deal” (Hard Brexit).
Please feel free to contact our export department for further information.