What GLS stands for
Your parcel arrives safe and sound
In order that goods reach the recipient securely, specific security measures are essential. GLS has created uniform security standards across Europe for systematic prevention.
The GLS Group damage and loss ratio has for years remained consistently low at 0.01 percent.
Modern alarm systems are used to protect goods. In the hubs and larger depots, GLS monitors parcels using video surveillance. Each individual process step is checked. GLS scans the parcels at all important interfaces and analyses the data.
Employees and delivery drivers are given regular training in order to ensure careful handling of all consignments. Liability up to the value of the goods, maximum CZK 6,000 per parcel, is also included.
What security means at GLS:
- high security standards throughout the Group
- multiple scanning of parcels
- video surveillance, alarm systems, access controls
- regular training of employees and delivery drivers
- continuous checks of parcel processing and loading