Opening hours during Christmas holidays
We recommend not to wait with ordering gifts
• Order gifts with home delivery by December 17th
• Order gifts with ParcelShop delivery by December 19th
To ensure timely delivery by Christmas, we recommend ordering gifts with home delivery by Friday December 17th this year so that e-shops have enough time to wrap the goods and hand them over to GLS for transport by December 20th. We will then be able to make a standard second delivery attempt if the recipient is not reached.
When ordering direct shipping to a GLS ParcelShop, e-shops can put the parcel in transit up to two days later, i.e. on December 22nd. However, keep in mind that e-shops need at least 1-2 days to process your order, so your gift orders should be processed no later than Sunday, December 19th for delivery at GLS ParcelShop.
When shipping to/from abroad, it is important to deduct the standard shipping time for the destination from this date, which is available on our website.
The operation of the GLS transport network will be limited during the Christmas holidays. Please take into account the following GLS Czech Republic operating hours when planning your parcel shipment:
- Wednesday 22. 12. 2021: Standard operation
- Thursday 23. 12. 2021: Standard operation
- Friday 24. 12. 2021: Closed
- Saturday 25. 12. 2021: Closed
- Sunday 26. 12. 2021: Closed
- Monday 27. 12. 2021: Standard operation
- Tuesday 28. 12. 2021: Standard operation
- Wednesday 29. 12. 2021: Standard operation
- Thursday 30. 12. 2021: Standard operation
- Friday 31. 12. 2021: Closed
Due to the rapid spread of the Covid-19 epidemic, there are currently significant staff shortages in some regions, despite the long-established preventive measures. We are working intensively to strengthen our capacity. However, delivery times may be extended by one day in the coming days.